Auto Accident Attorneys in Dallas, TX
The state of Texas has some of the highest rates of automobile accidents in the United States. If you have been involved in a serious motor vehicle accident in the state of Texas, you may be suffering from serious physical, emotional, and financial burdens that can haunt you for years down the road. For decades, the legal team at Brock & Goetzmann has proudly represented clients across Dallas that were hurt by another driver. If you have been harmed by the negligence of another driver, it is important that you consider your legal options. For strong legal representation when you need it most, you can rely on the Texas auto accident attorneys here at Brock & Goetzmann. Contact our office today to schedule a consultation.
Our Legal Services
At Brock & Goetzmann, we are proud to represent clients in Dallas and the surrounding areas who have been seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident. Some of the many areas of practice that our legal team has experience handling include a variety of motor vehicle accidents, including the following:
- Car accidents
- Uber/Lyft accidents
- Truck accidents
- DART accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
Motor Vehicle Accidents in Dallas
Automobile accidents occur every day across the state of Texas. Of course, some are much more serious than others, as these accidents can range from a simple fender bender to one that causes multiple fatalities. After being injured in an automobile accident, you may wish to consider your legal options and try to recover compensation for the physical, emotional, and financial burdens you have faced. You may be entitled to compensation for both economic and non-economic damages. It is critical to have an experienced personal injury attorney to guide you through the personal injury claims process. At Brock & Goetzman, we can investigate the accident, collect evidence supporting your claim, and help you recover the compensation you are entitled to.
What You Should Do After an Auto Accident
Depending on the severity of your accident, you may be unable to do anything other than to await the arrival of an ambulance. However, if possible, you should make it a point to take the following steps to maximize your chances of winning a future personal injury claim:
- Call the police to the scene of the accident. When they arrive, be sure to ask them for a copy of the police report. They will also send an ambulance.
- You should then ask the other driver for his or her insurance information.
- Ask any witnesses of the accident for their contact information. This can include their name, phone number, email address, and any other means by which you may contact them. Having witness testimony can drastically increase your chances of winning a future personal injury claim.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident, including any damage to your vehicle, the other driver’s vehicle, and any property that was involved in the accident.
- Seek medical treatment, and once you are treated and in stable condition, ensure that you ask your doctor for all medical documentation and bills regarding your injury. Our Texas personal injury attorneys can use this documentation to prove the extent of your injury, how it has impacted your life, and the financial cost of the damages you’ve incurred as a result of the accident.
- Retain the services of the auto accident attorneys at Brock & Goetzmann, as our Dallas personal injury lawyers can work to obtain all additional information needed to satisfy the burden of proof on your behalf. In certain cases, we can subpoena security camera footage of the accident as it happened, which, oftentimes, is the best way to prove a personal injury claim.
- Refrain from posting on social media until your personal injury claim is resolved. When people file personal injury claims, oftentimes, the other party’s insurance company will monitor their social media accounts to ensure that they do not post anything that even remotely contradicts their claim. Even posts that you believe are entirely innocent may be misconstrued, misrepresented, and used against you. This is why it is generally best to not post on social media altogether until we reach a settlement.
Statute of Limitations for Auto Accident Claims in Texas
Every state has a statute of limitations in place when it comes to personal injury claims. The statute of limitations is the timeframe in which all those who’ve been wrongly injured will have to sue the party responsible for their injuries. The statute of limitations for auto accident claims in Texas is, generally, two years. This means that all those who’ve been wrongly injured in auto accidents must not wait any longer than two years from the date of their accident to take legal action against the liable party. Doing so will most likely relinquish your right to sue. That being said, the sooner you speak with our firm, the sooner we can begin working towards the compensation you deserve and need. If you have any further questions, give our experienced Dallas auto accident attorneys a call today.
Contact a Dallas Auto Accident Attorney
If you have been seriously injured in an automobile accident as a result of someone else’s negligence, it is important that you take your legal options into consideration. With the help of an experienced personal injury attorney, you may be able to recover compensation that can help with the various burdens associated with your accidents. To schedule a consultation with our experienced team of personal injury attorneys, contact Brock & Goetzmann today.