Uber/Lyft Accident Attorney in Dallas TX
Across the city of Dallas, people trust Uber and Lyft drivers to get them safely from place to place. Ridesharing is a great option for people who are looking for a convenient, cost-effective way to hail a ride without the hassle of trying to hail a taxi. Unfortunately, Uber and Lyft drivers still find themselves involved in car accidents. When passengers or other individuals become injured in an Uber or Lyft accident, they may suffer from serious injuries and ultimately, a range of long term physical, emotional, and financial burdens. If you have been hurt in an Uber or Lyft accident, you must retain the services of a legal team you can trust. The experienced attorneys at Brock & Goetzmann have over 50 years of combined experience proudly representing wrongly injured clients across Dallas, Texas. To discuss your case with a Dallas personal injury attorney, contact Brock & Goetzmann today.
How are rideshare accidents caused?
There are many different reasons that a motor vehicle accident can occur. Car accidents are caused by several contributing factors, but driver negligence is often a major component. Some additional factors that contribute to ridesharing accidents include the following:
- Driving while intoxicated
- Reckless driving
- Uneven pavement
- Poor weather conditions
Uber or Lyft Accident Liability
Unfortunately, it is oftentimes tougher to determine liability in ridesharing accidents. Uber and Lyft drivers are considered independent contractors, which is great for people who want to act as their own boss, but not great for those who are injured in these types of accidents. The breakdown of Uber and Lyft’s liability coverage is as follows:
- Period 0: This is when the driver is not logged into the rideshare app. If an accident occurs at this time, Uber/Lyft will not provide liability coverage.
- Period 1: This is when the driver is logged in but has not yet accepted a ride. If he or she causes an accident, Uber/Lyft will provide liability coverage of up to $50,000 per person injured in the accident, $100,000 total injury liability per accident, and $25,000 in property damage liability.
- Period 2: When a driver has accepted a trip and is en route to the rider and causes an accident, the liability coverage will increase to $1 million.
- Period 3: This is when an accident occurs when the rider is in the Uber/Lyft vehicle at the time of the accident. In this scenario, Uber/Lyft provides coverage of up to $1 million, as well as limited coverage for damage to the driver’s car and uninsured motorists’ coverage.
Contact a Dallas Ridesharing Accident Attorney
Being injured in a ridesharing accident can have detrimental impacts on an individual’s life. If you have been seriously injured in an Uber or Lyft accident, you need strong legal representation on your side to effectively guide you through the personal injury claims process. The experienced team of attorneys at Brock & Goetzmann can help you obtain justice after a serious accident. If you need a legal team you can trust to help you recover the compensation you deserve, contact Brock & Goetzmann today to schedule a consultation.