Personal Injury Attorneys in Dallas, Texas
When clients in Dallas, Texas have been seriously injured by the negligence of another party, they can rely on the experienced personal injury lawyers at Brock & Goetzmann for quality legal representation. Accidents can cause a victim serious physical, emotional, and financial burdens that may follow them for years down the road. With over 50 years of combined legal experience, the lawyers at Brock & Goetzmann have the skill and experience necessary to help you recover the compensation you are entitled to following your accident. To discuss your personal injury case with a legal team you can trust, contact Brock & Goetzmann today.
Our Legal Services | Dallas Personal Injury Lawyers
Texas has some of the highest annual rates of traffic deaths in the country. When motor vehicle accidents happen, the victims can suffer from very serious injuries that change many aspects of their lives. Unfortunately, motor vehicle accidents are often caused by driver negligence. If you have been seriously injured in a Texas auto accident, you can count on Brock & Goetzmann to effectively represent your interests. Some of the many types of motor vehicle accidents our personal injury lawyers handle include the following:
- Car accidents
- Uber/Lyft accidents
- Truck accidents
- DART accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
Not only does Brock & Goetzmann handle a variety of motor vehicle accident cases, but our Dallas personal injury lawyers can also provide you legal representation for a variety of other personal injury matters. Some of our other practice areas include the following:
- Construction accidents
- Defective medical devices
- Medical malpractice
- Product liability
- Slip & fall accidents
- Work injuries
- Wrongful death
What to do After an Accident
Depending on the type of accident you were in, and, of course, depending on the degree to which you were injured in your accident, you should try to take the following steps after your accident to maximize your chances of winning your personal injury claim:
- Call the police. Not only will they send an ambulance to the scene of the accident, but they will also write up a police report, which can help prove your personal injury claim at a later date.
- If you were injured in an auto accident, ensure that you ask the other driver for his or her insurance information. If you were injured on someone else’s property, notify the property owner of the accident. This is especially true if you were injured in a store, as the store owner/manager should write up a store incident report, which may further corroborate your claim.
- Ask anyone who witnessed your accident for their name, phone number, email address, and any other contact information that will allow you to reach them at a later date so they can verify your claim.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident. If you were injured in an auto accident, take pictures of any damage to your vehicle, the other motorist’s vehicle, and any property that was damaged as a result of the accident.
- Ensure that you receive immediate medical treatment, even if you do not feel seriously injured at first. Certain injuries take a couple of days or longer to set in, and your health is paramount. Furthermore, your physician will provide you with various forms of documentation regarding your injuries. You should also ensure that you keep a copy of all medical bills incurred as a result of your accident, as our firm can use your medical bills to demonstrate the extent of the damages you’ve sustained.
- Retain the services of the experienced Dallas personal injury lawyers at Brock & Goetzmann. Our firm can work to uncover all additional evidence needed to satisfy the burden of proof on your behalf. For example, in certain cases, we can subpoena surveillance footage of your accident, which is one of the best ways to satisfy the burden of proof.
Statute of Limitations in Texas
If you have been seriously injured by the negligence of another party, it is important that you do not hesitate to speak with an attorney who can get started on your case. In Texas, injury cases must be filed within a certain period of time in accordance with the statute of limitations. The statute of limitations for various legal matters in Texas is as follows:
- Personal Injury: 2 years from the date of the accident
- Medical Malpractice: 2 years from the date that the negligent act occurred
- Wrongful Death: 2 years from the date of death, with certain exceptions
- Workers’ Compensation: 1 year from the date of the injury
After an accident, many people will often wait to file their personal injury claims in the hopes that their injury will heal on its own. While this is completely understandable, the truth is, this is often a mistake, for if you wait past the statute of limitations, there is a very good chance that you will be permanently barred from suing. Our Dallas personal injury lawyers are ready to begin the claims process on your behalf today. All you have to do is pick up the phone and give us a call.
Contact a Dallas Personal Injury Lawyer
If you have been seriously injured in a Dallas personal injury case, it is important that you take your legal options into consideration, as you may be entitled to significant compensation. With over 50 years of combined experience, Brock & Goetzmann can help you navigate the complexities associated with your personal injury case and recover the compensation you are entitled to. For strong legal representation when it matters most, contact Brock & Goetzmann today to schedule a consultation.