Product Liability Attorneys in Dallas, TX
When consumers buy products, they assume that the product will be safe to use. For the most part, any product to hit the shelves of a retail store is perfectly safe. However, every so often, a product will be released for public purchasing and will not be safe. When this happens, consumers can become seriously injured and suffer from significant physical, emotional, and financial burdens. If you have been hurt by a defective product in Dallas, it is important that you take your legal options into consideration, as you may be entitled to compensation for the burdens caused by the accident. With over 50 years of combined experience, the skilled legal team at Brock & Goetzmann can effectively represent your interests, help you find justice, and hold the liable party accountable for their negligence. To discuss your product liability case with a legal team you can trust, contact Brock & Goetzmann today.
Cases We Handle
At Brock & Goetzmann, we work closely with clients to make sure that their needs are met when injured by defective products. Our firm has significant experience in this area of law. Some of our experience relates to the following products:
- Medical Devices
- Household Products
- Industrial Products
- Safety Gear
- Child and Infant Products
- Lawn Care Products, Including Roundup
- Ladders and Scaffolding
- Oilfield Equipment
Types of Product Liability Cases
Any product that is available for purchase can, unfortunately, be subject to defects. Whether the product is an automobile part, a medical device, a household item, or even a food product, there are no limits on the types of products that can be faulty. When consumers are injured by a faulty product, it is up to them to hold the company accountable so others aren’t injured in the future. One of the key components of any product liability case is that the injured party must prove that the product was defective. Product liability cases generally find that at least one of the following defects is present:
- Design Defects: An unsafe design can occur if the designer failed to account for safety during the initial product development phase. In cases of this nature, the injured party must prove that there was a safer, more feasible, and equally practical design that would allow the product to maintain its intended function.
- Manufacturing Defects: When a product’s manufacturer deviates from an approved design, safety issues can occur. This can ultimately cause anyone who uses the product to become subject to injury. In manufacturing defect cases, the injured party is required to prove that there was a deviation from the product’s approved design during the manufacturing process.
- Failure to Warn: Warning labels and clear instructions are very important for any product. when a company fails to include adequate labels or warnings, consumers may use the product incorrectly through no fault of their own and become seriously injured. In failure to warn cases, the injured party must prove that the company lacked appropriate instructions and warnings on the product’s labeling.
Contact a Dallas Product Liability Attorney
If you have been seriously injured after using a defective product, you may be entitled to compensation for the physical, emotional, and financial burdens caused by the accident. Of course, it is important that you have strong legal representation on your side with the skill it takes to hold companies accountable and prove that they were negligent. Brock & Goetzmann are ready to take on your product liability case, no matter how complex. Contact our firm today to learn how we can assist you.