Drunk Driving Accidents in Texas | What You Need to Know


This Christmas, the unfortunate reality is that many individuals would have driven their cars while under the influence of alcohol. If you are someone who was injured in an accident with a drunk driver, you are most likely now seeking financial compensation to help cover the cost of your medical bills, lost wages, and more. Please continue reading and speak with our knowledgeable Texas personal injury attorneys to learn more about drunk driving accidents and how our firm can help if you’ve been hurt in one. Here are some of the questions you may have:

What should I do if I am hurt in an accident?

If you are injured in a drunk driving accident, the first thing you should do is call the police. They will most likely administer a breathalyzer test. Our firm can use this record to prove that you were injured as a result of a drunk driver. From here, you should also take pictures of the scene of the accident, ask any witnesses for their contact information, ensure you seek immediate medical treatment, and retain the services of an experienced Texas personal injury attorney as soon as you can.

What is Texas’s dram shop law?

Most states throughout the country have dram shop laws in place, and Texas is no exception. Essentially, dram shop laws are designed to hold establishments liable for serving certain individuals alcohol. In Texas, the dram shop law states that if an establishment serves anyone who is under the age of 21 years old or anyone who is already intoxicated and that person harms someone in an accident afterward, both that person and the establishment that served the individual may be held liable in the third-party lawsuit.

How long will I have to file a personal injury claim in the state of Texas?

After someone is injured in an auto accident, they will have to take legal action against the liable party within the state’s statute of limitations. The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Texas is, generally, two years, which means that under most circumstances, you will have to sue the negligent driver within two years of the date of your accident. If you wait any longer than two years, there is a very good chance that you will lose your right to sue. Our firm is here to help you today. All you have to do is ask.


If you or someone you know has been wrongly injured, you must not wait. Our firm is ready to help you through each step of the legal process to help ensure you recover the financial compensation you need to move on with your life. We are ready to help–all you have to do is contact Brock & Goetzmann, PLLC today.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


IV Pumps deliver medicine to patients automatically. Unfortunately, these complicated machines can automatically deliver too much medication. Too often this can go unnoticed by doctors and nurses. When a malfunctioning IV pump is discovered doctors and hospitals report it to...
Becton Dickinson manufactured and distributed defective silicon tubes that allowed medicine to continue to be pumped into the patient, resulting in an over infusion in what is termed as "free flow". 151 million life-threatening defective silicon tubes were distributed without...