While the weather turns warm this summer, we want you and your loved ones to be extra prepared when swimming in the pool. As Memorial Day fastly approaches, it is time to brush up on those necessary pool safety tips. Continue reading to discover some of the best precautions to take this holiday to ensure everyone has a great time by the pool without any accidents or injuries. If you have been injured in a pool accident, it is important that you reach out to an experienced personal injury attorney who will walk you through each step of your claims process ahead to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Pool Safety Tips to Consider
This summer, you should consider these safety tips each time you decide to take a swim:
- Do not swim while intoxicated
- Ensure the pool has drain covers
- Do not allow electronic devices near the pool
- Never leave a child unattended in or around the water
- Have someone on the property who can perform CPR if necessary
- Be sure that there is proper covers, alarms, barrier, and fencing surrounding the pool
- Be sure that everyone swimming understands where the shallow parts of the pool start and stop
- When the pool is not in use, stow away portable latter to avoid children from having access to the pool
- Ensure that all guests can swim property if the pool is too deep for guests to stand comfortably in the water
Am I eligible for compensation following a pool accident?
If you have been injured in a swimming pool accident caused by the pool owner’s negligence, you might be eligible for compensation. Pool accidents can cause serious, life-changing injuries, if not death. To begin your journey to compensation, you should gain the services of an experienced personal injury attorney. Your attorney will need to prove that negligence caused your injuries in a premises liability claim. In order to prove negligence, they must show that the accident was a direct result of the pool owner’s failure to ensure the lawful standard of care and safety. Your attorney will back this information with evidence that they will retrieve on your behalf including photos of the pool, medical documents of the injuries, and any witnesses’ statements who saw the accident occur. Contact our knowledgeable personal injury attorney today to get started. We want you to achieve the compensation you require to heal.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED TEXAS FIRM
If you or someone you know has been wrongly injured, you must not wait. Our firm is ready to help you through each step of the legal process to help ensure you recover the financial compensation you need to move on with your life. We are ready to help–all you have to do is contact Brock & Goetzmann, PLLC today.