There are few things more jarring than being involved in a car accident that was simply not your fault. To make matters worse, if you have been injured, you may now have to recover financial compensation to help cover the cost of your medical bills, in-home care, and more. Please read on and reach out to our experienced Texas personal injury attorneys to learn more about what to do after a car accident.
After a car accident, there are several steps you should take, especially if you plan on filing a personal injury claim. They are as follows:
- Call the police. They will document the incident once they arrive, and they will also send an ambulance to take you to a hospital.
- While you wait for your ambulance, you will most likely have at least a few minutes where you should take pictures of the accident and its aftermath.
- In this time, you should also ask any witnesses for their contact information so they may verify your claim if need be.
- Once you have been taken to the hospital and your injuries have been treated, you should ask your doctor for all medical documentation concerning your injuries. You may use this to bolster your personal injury claim.
- Finally, hire an attorney. Do not think you can go it alone. Our firm can help you recover valuable evidence that you may need to prove your claim and win you the compensation you need.
Contact our experienced Texas firm
If you or someone you know has been wrongly injured, you must not wait. Our firm is ready to help you through each step of the legal process to help you recover the financial compensation you need to move on with your life. We are ready to help–all you have to do is contact Brock & Goetzmann, PLLC today.