As the summer approaches, amusement parks become a common day trip for many thrill-seekers across Texas. Unfortunately, thousands of people are hurt each year in amusement park accidents, often being caused by avoidable mistakes such as human error and negligence. If you have been injured in an amusement park accident, it is crucial that you reach out to an experienced Texas personal injury attorney who will fight for your right to compensation. We understand that amusement park accidents can lead to life-altering injuries. We want you to get back to your life. Give our firm a call today to schedule your initial consultation.
What are the most common injuries sustained in amusement park accidents?
Being injured in an amusement park can lead to life-changing injuries. The most common injuries sustained in amusement park accident are as follows:
- Fatal injuries from falling out of rides
- Closed head injuries
- Bone fractures
- Back injuries
- Facial lacerations and fractures
- Heart attack
- Compound fractures that require surgical repair
- Brain aneurysms
- Neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Torn ligaments
- Drowning on water rides and slides
- Brain aneurysms
What are the common causes of injuries in amusement park accidents?
The most common causes of amusement park accidents are human error, negligence, and mechanical failure. An amusement park neglecting to maintain a safe environment for its visitors can result in serious injuries. To get back to your life, reach out to an experienced personal injury attorney who will fight for your right to compensation.
What should I do after being injured in an amusement park accident?
It is important to have a plan in place if you have been injured in an accident. After your amusement park accident, follow each of the below steps to set yourself up for a successful personal injury claim:
- Alert the authorities. The police will be able to conduct a police report to document the accident and will bring any necessary medical assistance to the scene.
- While you wait for the police and medical professional to arrive on the scene, take photos of the scene of your accident including the hazards that caused your injuries. Take direct photos of your injuries as well.
- It is likely that there will be many witnesses to your accident in a location as populated as a theme park. Collect witnesses’ contact information including their names, numbers, and email addresses.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. It is important to remember to collect any medical documentation relating to your incident after you have been treated. These documents should state the date, time, and severity of your injuries.
- Retain the services of a knowledgeable Texas personal injury attorney who will work to satisfy the burden of proof necessary to receive the compensation you require to heal.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Texas?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in the state of Texas is generally two years. This means that you will have to years from the date of your accident to take legal action. It is important to file your claim as soon as possible to avoid being barred from suing. Take action today by reaching out to our experienced personal injury firm. We are here to help.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED TEXAS FIRM
If you or someone you know has been wrongly injured, you must not wait. Our firm is ready to help you through each step of the legal process to help ensure you recover the financial compensation you need to move on with your life. We are ready to help–all you have to do is contact Brock & Goetzmann, PLLC today.