Being injured in a department store occurs much more than you might think. If you have been injured in a department store, it is best to have a plan in place. Continue reading to discover the most common causes of department store accidents, what you should do following an accident, and the statute of limation for personal injury claims in Texas. Reach out to our experienced personal injury attorney today to begin your journey to the compensation you deserve to heal.
What are the most common causes of department store accidents?
Being injured in a department store is often associated with the property owner acting negligently. The following factors caused by negligence are the most common causes of department store accidents in Texas:
- Merchandise falling from shelves
- Spills left unattended
- Broken glass
- Defective elevators or escalators
- Poorly placed floor mats
- Obstructions in aisles
- Jagged shelves or showcases
What should I do following a department store accident?
Following a department store accident, you should have a plan in place to protect yourself. Follow each of the below steps in order to take care of yourself after an injury and set yourself up for a successful personal injury claim:
- Alert the store owner of your accident. They should file an incident report.
- Call the police. The authorities should also conduct a report regarding the incident. You should also request any medical assistance necessary for your injuries.
- Seek medical treatment for your injuries. After you have been thoroughly treated, collect all medical documents relevant to your treatment that should include the time, date, and extent of your injuries.
- Take pictures of your injuries and the conditions that caused your accident.
- Collect any witnesses’ information including their names and phone numbers.
- Contact an experienced Texas personal injury attorney. They will be able to gather any relevant evidence necessary for your case including security footage of the accident.
What is the statute of limitations for department store accidents in Texas?
The statute of limitations for department store accidents in Texas is generally two years. This means that you must file your personal injury claim within this amount of time to avoid being barred from suing. Take legal action as soon as possible by gaining the assistance of an experienced Texas personal injury claim lawyer. Contact our firm today to get started.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED TEXAS FIRM
If you or someone you know has been wrongly injured, you must not wait. Our firm is ready to help you through each step of the legal process to help ensure you recover the financial compensation you need to move on with your life. We are ready to help–all you have to do is contact Brock & Goetzmann, PLLC today.