Everyone on the road is at risk of being in an accident, but motorcyclists are much more exposed to the elements than most other vehicles that they share the roads with. In order to properly take care of your safety on the roads, it is important to know the most common causes of motorcycle accidents in Texas, to have a plan in place after being involved in an accident, and to understand the time period you have to take legal action after a motorcycle accident in Texas.
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident that led to serious injuries, you may be entitled to compensation. Consider your legal options going forward for the physical, emotional, and financial burdens that may have been caused by your crash. Reach out to Brock & Goetzmann to represent your interests. Schedule a consultation today.
What are the most common causes of motorcycle accidents in Texas?
The most common causes of motorcycle accidents in Texas include the following acts of negligence:
- Failure to yield
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Distracted driving leading to rear-end collisions
What should I do after a motorcycle accident?
Having a plan for any worst-case scenario is essential for your own well-being. Being prepared on the road is the first step in being safe and protecting yourself. Motorcycle accidents often lead to injury. By following these steps, you can maximize your ability to win a future personal injury case:
- Call the police. Calling 911 will allow the police and ambulances to arrive at the scene of the accident. This will allow you to be treated by medical professionals immediately and for the police to conduct a police report.
- Have a short and polite conversation with the other party to obtain the driver’s insurance information.
- Photograph any damage caused by the accident including vehicle and property damage.
- Collect any witnesses’ information to contact them in the future if you need support on a personal injury claim.
- After you have been treated for your injuries, collect all of your medical documents relating to the injuries you’ve sustained during the accident.
- Reach out to a Texas personal injury attorney to help create your personal injury claim. The attorney will gather any necessary evidence for you to receive compensation for your injuries. The attorney has the ability to gather security camera footage of your accident which is the most effective way to prove a personal injury claim in most cases.
How much time do I have to take legal action after a motorcycle accident?
If you have been injured as a result of a motorcycle accident in Texas, you may be entitled to compensation. In order to create a claim, it is important to understand the statute of limitations for motorcycle accidents in Texas. You have two years from the date of your accident to take legal action against the negligent party in your accident. The sooner you are able to bring attention to your case, the better. Do not wait for injuries to potentially heal on their own. After two years have gone by since your accident, you will likely be barred from suing. Take action and fight for your rights by obtaining a Texas Personal Injury Attorney at Brock & Goetzmann today.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED WASHINGTON D.C. FIRM
The experienced personal injury and medical malpractice attorneys at Trombly & Singer, PLLC are prepared to represent clients facing legal matters after being injured due to another person’s negligence. If you require strong legal representation in Washington D.C. or Maryland, contact our firm today to schedule a consultation.