When a personal injury accident happens, those who are involved can sustain serious, life-impacting injuries as a result. Those facing these situations should seek medical attention immediately so that they can be treated. While this is true, it is also crucial that the individual keeps up with any advice the doctor may give regarding treatment after the fact. Continue reading below to learn more.
Why Should I Follow Medical Advice?
There are many reasons why those who are injured in an accident should follow the advice of their doctor, including the following:
- Doctors are qualified experts. In order to practice medicine, doctors go through extensive education and training. They have the knowledge necessary to provide treatment, which is why medical advice should only be taken from a licensed physician.
- Avoid complications. Doctors give medical advice for a reason. This being so that injuries do not get any worse. This can include washing wounds and changing bandages to prevent infections, avoiding certain foods or drugs while taking medications, and more.
- Adjustments can be made. If the advice of a doctor is being followed and feedback is given on treatment, they can know what is and is not working for the injured party. This allows them to create a tailored treatment plan.
- Improve outcomes in the long run. By following medical recommendations, the outcome of a person’s injuries and recovery can be optimal. Individuals who do not follow their doctor’s recommendations may not have the same recovery as someone who did.
- Documented medical records. Reports of the accident, the injuries sustained, doctor’s notes, and general medical records are kept when treatment is received. These can be used in court to support a personal injury claim later on.
- Fight insurance companies. By following a doctor’s orders, it can help eliminate or mitigate any disagreements that may occur with insurance carriers about financial compensation.
Contact our Firm
If you or someone you know has been wrongly injured, you must not wait. Our firm is ready to help you through each step of the legal process to help ensure you recover the financial compensation you need to move on with your life. We are ready to help–all you have to do is contact Brock & Goetzmann, PLLC today.